This tour explores Cape Town from all sides. It aims to climb under the skin of the city so that by the end of the day you understand the pulse of the city. We explore the city from all sides – the history, the people, their cultures, their cuisines, as well as contemporary Cape Town and its artisanal trends. Cape Town is a city that has been metamorphosing at a rapid rate over the last ten years – it feels like a butterfly that is emerging – from a city that was once a run down area that was purely a business district – into a city where we now live and play.
To gain more insights into Black South African soul food- click here
Tour Duration: Monday to Friday 09h00 to 15h30. On a Saturday from 08h30 to 15h30 (earlier start as we include the Biscuit Mill Neighborhood Goods Market on a Saturday)
NOTE – SADLY WE ARE FULLY BOOKED UNTIL 30 JANUARY 2018 FOR ALL OF OUR TOUR OPTIONS
Note the Eats Tour:
- Does not operate on a Sunday (the city is closed on a Sunday!)
- Operates only as a private tour.
- Is a walking tour – it is however mostly flat and you only need a moderate level of fitness.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements – vegetarians are no problem at all – but sadly we struggle with vegans! As such – we cannot accept bookings from vegans for this tour.
- Note we are happy to drop you anywhere centrally after the tour – so it is a good idea to combine the day with a visit to Table Mountain Cableway (weather permitting!). We are happy to drop you at the cable car station and you can simply taxi back to your hotel later.
Costs: Please email us as the cost depends how many people you are and where you are staying.
Supersize your tour to a full day:
- Note that you can book the tour as a full day and do a combo of the Cape Town Eats Tour in the city combined with the Constantia Winelands in the late afternoon. The tour duration would then be 08h30 to 17h30
FOR MORE RESEARCH:
Read more about South African Traditional Cuisine across our cultures by clicking here.
To try your hand at making Chakalaka – a traditional South African spicy relish made from vegetables – check out the recipe here.
To get a taste of the tour with our guide Ryan Lawrence – check out this video. It was shot by one of our clients on tour – John Heagney from Florida. It is an amazing video that showcases our wonderful city. Thank you for sharing John!
We recently had a blogger on tour. Jennifer has a wonderful website where she shares tips of unusual and fun tours that she finds around the world. Check out her post here.
Click here to read a lovely article written by one of the agents who came to experience my gourmet walking tour.
EATING OUT IN CAPE TOWN:
As you have looked at this page – you are clearly a foodie. Check out my recommended list of restaurants for Cape Town