- Terra Madre Market – a feast to celebrate the love of good food
- Woodstock Street Art Walking Tour – using art as a platform to activate change in our communities!
- Hydroponic Herb Tour on Allee Bleue Estate – a sensory treat!
- Recipes from Mamma Lindy’s African Kitchen
- The Long Table Restaurant at Haskell Wine Estate – a local favourite!
- Spice Route Wine Estate- an artisan playground of endless fun!
- South African Soul Food! What do Black South Africans traditionally eat?
- My new favourite summer restaurant – The Pool Room on Oak Valley Estate – Elgin
- Hook Line & Sinker - our fish being cooked! instagram.com/p/hssYDCClgd/ 5 hours ago
- Love the interiors of new Black Sheep in Kloof Street instagram.com/p/hgd0HWilvM/ 4 days ago
- Did u know that there is a piece of the Berlin Wall in Cape Town? #amazingcapetown instagram.com/p/hXokw8ilkN/ 1 week ago
- Tretchikov's green lady is now on display at Delaire! instagram.com/p/hXoengClkH/ 1 week ago
- @weEatweCook @ChefPierneef - no you guys were well paired with Chris - you were loving every mouthful of his delicious cuisine! 1 week ago
Category Archives: Cape Town 4 Foodies and Wino’s
I love summer in the Cape. Somehow everyone seems more happy when the sun shines! Including me! In Cape Town it feels like our summer only really starts around Xmas – finally everyone comes out to play! In December … Continue reading
Right – for peasants like me who have no idea what Table d’hôte means – lets demystify it!! It simply means opening ones home to people to pop in and have a meal with you. This is a great new … Continue reading
Rolling on with the blogging we went to try out On a Roll and to chat to Peter Ayub in his Dog’s Kitchen. This blog has been sitting in my drafts folder for a few weeks as life has been … Continue reading
It is such exciting times – Cape Town has its first Dim Sum Bar!! Quirky!! Seriously quirky. Ed & Clint saved their money from working weekends at the City Bowl Market in town and used it to transform an absolute … Continue reading
This has been a fun time for funky interesting restaurant openings in Cape Town. We explored a couple of these over the last few weeks: The Dogs Bollocks, Clarkes and South China Dim Sum. Each one is wonderfully quirky. I … Continue reading
From 1 February Bruce Robertson, one of South Africa’s most well known chefs (former owner of the Showroom in Cape Town), will be opening a spot that celebrates ”The Art of Table d’ Hôte” - ie the opportunity to dine in … Continue reading
Paternoster is my favourite gourmet retreat in the Western Cape. It is literally in the middle of nowhere – two and half hours drive from Cape Town. Here you can experience a little foodie paradise. It would be a … Continue reading
Dine with a local in Cape Town in their home – a fun way to meet Cape Town locals over their dining table!
For quite a few years I have had requests from overseas visitors and from agents asking whether I can organize a dinner party to connect locals and foreigners. An example of a request would be: an American architect who would … Continue reading
Each year I wait with eager anticipation for the results of the Eat Out Awards. South Africa does not have a Michelin rating system for food – as such awards such as the Eat Out Awards, Rossouws Restaurants guidelines and … Continue reading
One of my favourite restaurants in the Cape is Harbour House, Kalk Bay. I eat there about twice a week on tours. It is consistently good and people just simply love it there. Part of the magic is the fact … Continue reading
I spent last Saturday at the Biscuit Mill Market – and took some delicious pictures to share with you!! The Biscuit Mill Market was the first artisenal market in Cape Town which celebrated our small local suppliers of anything from … Continue reading
Every time I blink, something new opens in Woodstock, a somewhat grungy suburb in Cape Town. It all seems to have started with the renovation of an old biscuit mill building into a creative/arty small funky shopping centre. Woodstock boasts … Continue reading
Ok – so the local Capetonians are reading my headline and saying – it is not so hidden – we have found it!! And no doubt many others have too, as it has consistently been rated as one of the … Continue reading
This is a “must” include in a visit to South Africa by any foodies – yes – when you look at the map – it does appear that this little town is in the middle of nowhere – but look … Continue reading
Mzoli’s is a smash hit among both the township locals and visitors to the Cape who are keen to get a feel of “real” Africa. Mzoli’s is an African food BBQ/Braai restaurant located in the heart of Gugulethu township. … Continue reading