Some useful links for the Cape, South Africa:
Featured on CTInsider – Featured On <a href=’http://capetowninsider.co.za/’ title=’Blogger’>CTInsider</a>
- Cape Town Photo Tours – Pangolin Photo and Safari photography – highly recommended.
- Wine Tours with a winemaker in the Cape Winelands
- Shopping Tours in Cape Town – Blue Buyou – is owned by Sadra Fairfax who is the best local expert who specialises in shopping tours of Cape Town
- UP CYCLES – rent bikes from three points – the city, seapoint and the waterfront – great fun as you can rent at one and return at any of the other points. It is especially fun to ride along the sea in Seapoint
SOME OF PAM’S FAVOURITE PLACES TO STAY IN CAPE TOWN:
Some useful links for Johannesburg:
Baytree Cooking School – Debbie does wonderful classes and also does guided trips from Joburg to an international destination once a year – this year Provence! Plus a trip to Cape Town which is coming up (2013)
Links for great gourmet ideas:
INVITE FOR A BITE – this is a very fab idea where you can link up with other single female travelers to meet for a bite to eat! I don’t know about you – but I hate to eat alone at night when traveling and I travel a lot alone! Perfect idea
PLATE CULTURE – a lovely concept where you can have a home made meal in someones home when visiting the East – the founders have started with Malaysia and look like they wish to expand into Thailand, Japan etc – currently most of the dining experiences are in Malaysia
EATWITH.COM – Join local dinner parties in a variety of places around the world!
COOKENING – Join locals for a variety of meal options while traveling
Links that Pam just loves and wants to go and try out (so this is a little reminder list for me:
Die Laatjie Cottages in Robertson – they look lovely and are very reasonably priced for weekends away.
Rockhaven Farm – looks amazing up the West Coast of South Africa – my sister and her friend Allison went and absolutely loved it!
Tierhoek Cottages – Robertson – on an organic fruit farm – looks peaceful and lovely!
The Beach House in Brittania Bay (West Coast South Africa) – oh my hat this spot looks so gorgeous – I sent an e-mail to enquire the rates and it is about R6000 per night for the whole house! Wish I could afford it – it looks like a little piece of magical paradise!
Gourmet Walking Tour of San Fransciso with Gary Holloway – I had clients recently who raved about Gary – hence me adding this footnote – just in case I make it to San Franscisco in the next few years – as by then I will have forgotten!
Pam highly recommends list from her travels:
PAM’S TRIP TO TURKEY: I did Istanbul, Bodrum – Yalikavac area (local Turkish upmarket holiday area – lovely), Bodrum town, Fethiye, Faralya, Antalya – and loved it all – I will be back!
- Istanbul Eats – These guys made my trip to Istanbul amazing!! I booked their walking tour of the old part of the city for my first day there and it was fabulous!! I cannot rave about them highly enough. Their website gives you the inside scoop to the hidden treasures of Istanbul from a food perspective. I got their book on my tour and it became my little foodie bible for the rest of my trip!! I loved it, loved it, loved it and cannot rave about them more highly!!! Check out their website before traveling to Istanbul.
- Peradays Hotel – Paradise Istanbul – this is a funky, lovely boutique hotel in Istanbul – just of the Istiklal Rd. This was the perfect location for me – being close to the funky area that everyone eats out and to the main drag. I loved walking the area and walking to the old region over the bridge. This is a retirement venture between three friends – each one does 4 days on and then 8 days off. I met two of them – Murat and Murat – what seriously lovely people. I was made to feel so at home and so welcome – they gave me lots of foodie advice and if I return to Istanbul (which I will) – I will return to them. This is a perfect spot for couples or for singles. Loved it!!! Beyoglu Area in Istanbul.
- Stories Apart Istanbul – I stayed in their Koluglu apartments – these are all the most beautiful apartment hotel rooms you have ever seen. Jaw dropping decor – this one was only a few blocks away from Peradays – it is a great one for a longer stay and also for honeymooners who want privacy. I stayed here for my last night in Istanbul – but missed the intimacy I had with the guys at Peradays – none the less I would highly recommend these – awesome decor!
- Majesty Hotel Marina Vista Bodrum – this hotel has a fantastic location on the nicer seafront side of Bodrum – and has the most wonderful swimming pool at the centre – you escape the bussle of outside and come into this tranquil area. The bedrooms were quite small – but to us this hotel was perfect!
- Komodor Restaurant Bodrum – this was one of the most outstanding dinners we had in Turkey. It was a referral from the DJ from the Red Lion Bar & Club DJ – and oh boy did he steer us right!! Everyone was local and the lady owner looks after you personally – you can head to the fish counter and chose your fish as well as all sorts of local Turkish dishes. It is located on top of a hill – so great views – and quite a steep walk from the harbour area – but oh so worth it!!!! Tel 0252 313 75 55 GSM (presume this means cellphone??) 0542 453 20 39 — the locals know it – so ask around to find it!
- Onur Motel Faralya – This is a little gem not far from Fethiye & Ouludeniz – it is basic little squeaky clean huts with en suite bathrooms and a terrace where the view of the mountains is just breathtaking. Here you book to have breakfast and dinner on the deck – mamma cooks and Onur looks after you. This is an amazing spot that I long to go back to! It is close to a wonderful beach (Kabak) – you simply take the bus down to the next village – this village is home to lots of yoga retreats – so good if you want a combo holiday. Loved it – loved the beach and the swimming! Went as it was close to Butterfly valley – but turns out that the walk down the cliffs is treacherous – so if you want to go to Butterfly Valley – take a boat from Oludeniz! Note that this is on the walkway for the Lycian Way Walk. We picked up a brochure for one of the little spots in Kabak near the beach – Sea Valley Bungalows.
Links for the rest of the world!
Hotels near Canterbury, Kent – Find and book hotels near Canterbury, Kent, South East England, UK
Hotels near Dyce – Book hotels near Dyce, Aberdeen,Scotland, UK.
Kerala Tour Packages / Kerala Tourism – Kerala Travel Agent Keralamate.com offers Kerala tour packages, houseboat honeymoon travel, backwater tourism and Ayurveda packages in Kerala