This is a list of the restaurants that I consider to be the best restaurants in Cape Town. Many of those listed are fine dining establishments, others are included simply because they are what I consider to be culinary delights.
When planning your eating – keep in mind that it is a fantastic way to experience different sides of our extended city – so plan a mix of areas eg one night city, one night Camps Bay, one night Waterfront, lunch in Constantia, lunch on the Peninsula and make sure you do not miss out on our wine regions such as Franschhoek and Stellenbosch (for recommendations see my Cape Winelands Restaurant list). Note in order to keep this list shorter I have created a separate section for quirky, fun & local spots that I love!
Pam’s Top 10 Restaurants in Cape Town for Summer 2019
- La Colombe – Constantia
- The Greenhouse – Constantia & the same Chef has the wonderful new Fyn located in the city bowl.
- Chefs Warehouse & Thali – owned by Chef Liam Tomlin – City/Constantia/Franschhoek and Thali – just above the City. (The top one in my opinion is on Beau Constantia Estate – book for lunch & book well in advance.)
- The Test Kitchen, The Pot Luck Club and The Shortmarket Club – these are all restaurants owned by top Chef Luke Dale Roberts and they are all amazing. Woodstock – Test Kitchen/Pot Luck Club. City – The Shortmarket Club. New addition – Salsify at The Roundhouse.
- The Foodbarn – Noordhoek/Peninsula Region
- Reverie Social Table – Salt River/Woodstock
- Chefs Table Cape Town by Chef Santi- City
- Cheynes (Hout Bay) & Shio Modern Japanese (De Waterkant/Edge of city)
- Olympia Cafe – Kalk Bay/Peninsula Region
- Janse & Co – just above the city in Kloof Street.