This tour explores Cape Town from all sides. It aims to climb under the skin of the city so that by the end of the day you understand the pulse of of the city. We explore it from all sides – the history, the people, their cultures, their cuisines, as well as contemporary Cape Town and its artisanal trends. Cape Town is a city that has been metamorphosing at a rapid rate over the last ten years – it feels like a butterfly that is emerging from a city that was once a run down area that was purely a business district into a city where we now live and play. As such the tour keeps changing as new creative and artisanal spots pop up on a weekly basis. This tour aims to give you an understanding of who we are and where we eat and play. As such it is a great tour to do early in your stay in Cape Town as it orientates you and gives you insight into where you want to return and play or explore further………we cannot conquer it all in one day! Some of the options for the day include a mix of eats and digestion shopping stops:
To gain more insights into Black South African soul food- click here
Tour Duration: Monday to Friday 09h00 to 15h30. On a Saturday from 08h30 to 15h30 (earlier start as we include the Biscuit Mill Neighborhood Goods Market on a Saturday)
Note the Eats Tour:
- does not operate on a Sunday (the city is closed on a Sunday!)
- operates as a private tour only
- Is a walking tour – it is however mostly flat and you only need a moderate level of fitness
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements – vegetarians are no problem at all – but sadly we struggle with vegans!
- Note we are happy to drop you anywhere centrally after the tour – so it is a good idea to combine the day with a visit to Table Mountain Cableway (weather permitting!). We are happy to drop you at the cable car station and you can simply taxi back to your hotel later.
Costs: Please email us as it depends how many people you are and where you are staying.
Supersize your tour to a full day:
- Note that you can book the tour as a full day and do a combo of the Cape Town Eats Tour in the city combined with the Constantia Winelands in the late afternoon.
FOR MORE RESEARCH:
Read more about South African Traditional Cuisine across our cultures by clicking here.
To get a taste of the tour with our guide Ryan Lawrence – check out this video. It was shot by one of our clients on tour – John Heagney from Florida. It is an amazing video that showcases our wonderful city. Thank you for sharing John!
Click here to read a lovely article written by one of the agents who came to experience my gourmet walking tour.