Join us for a foodie ramble along the coast of the Cape Peninsula. This is likely to be the most scenic foodie tour you will ever do!
We start in Hout Bay and then travel along one of the most beautiful coastal drives in the world – Chapman’s peak drive.
We meander through villages and ramble back past Kalk Bay on the way back to the city. Along the way we stop to chat to a variety of passionate peninsula artisans that range from gin makers to beer makers through to vegetables growers. We stop for food, beer, gin & coffee tastings as we go at a variety of artisan vendors and cafes.
We kick off with coffee and pastries in Hout Bay. During our ramble we stop to explore a small craft gin distillery and taste their gin. We stop for beer and bratwursts or beer & gourmet hotdogs at a craft brewery. We visit a fabulous micro coffee roaster who supports local bakers. A highlight of the day is always the visit to a wonderful urban farm initiative to hear the story of the farm. We break for scones along the way. As it is a coastal ramble we have to track down some fish & chips as well. Our tour ends with a cocktail in a bar that has a wonderful view of the Kalk Bay Harbour.
We want you to leave our tour with a real taste of the Cape. Join us to experience our people, our passion and the beauty of this part of the world.
Our tour gives you a taste of the peninsula’s artisans as we go. By meeting the people, you experience their passion.
Come join us for a real taste of the Cape Peninsula
Our small group tour is scheduled for every Friday until the end of January 2021.
Timing: 08h30 to 17h30.
The tour is available as a private tour on any day of your choice from Tuesday to Saturday.
R1450 per person including all tastings on the day.
We can however offer the tour privately from Tuesday to Saturday.
PRIVATE TOUR OPTION: If you book the tour for 4 or more people you can ask for the tour to be done as a private tour
If you have kids with you – it is best to simply book it as a private tour. On our scheduled tour we would need kids to be age 16 and above.
- Kids under the age of 16 are unfortunately not able to join us on the scheduled peninsula tour. HOWEVER – if you book for 4 people – then the tour can be done as a private tour and all ages are then welcome! We will then tailor our stops to make sure that we keep a balance of activities to keep everyone happy on the day!
- Please send us your names and contact details for whats app
- Please send us your dietary information. We regret we cannot accommodate vegans & gluten intolerant people on our SCHEDULED tour. Apologies. On a private tour it is no problem whatsoever!
- Tell us if you drink beer and gin? If we are doing a private tour we can change out some of the tasting options and tailor make our tour towards your interests.
- Bring sunblock and a hat!
- Collections are from central Cape Town.
Some of the stops on our ramble:
Note that the route will change due to some vendors not being free. Also if we have dietries or non-drinkers we may mix in other options. We retain the right to mix and match on our peninsula meander. No two tours will be the same! There are lots of wonderful offerings on the peninsula – which means we can add a mix of wonderful experiences into our day. Note that we will always include one beer and one gin tasting – we just may swop out the artisans dependent on who is free on the day!