Half Day – Table Mountain, Company Gardens and a drive through the city
Traditionally Cape Town has offered a half day city tour as a combo of Table Mountain Cableway and then a short visit to the city. Our feeling is that this option only gives a tiny taste of the city – however if that is all you have time for – then book this option! It is important to note that if the weather is perfect for the mountain – then one may spend most of the morning up on the mountain! Visiting Table Mountain is however weather dependent – as such should the mountain be closed we will then spend the morning/afternoon exploring the city.
We start our day ascending the Mountain by cablecar (weather dependent – note that the mountain only closes if it is windy – it is open when there are clouds). You have the option of either pre-booking your tickets (www.webtickets.co.za) yourself or paying us to pre-book the tickets for you. Pre-booked tickets only help marginally as most people now pre-book. Either way the queue is usually long! For this reason we do this tour in the morning – with a fairly early start!
After our visit to the Mountain – we head to the Company Gardens – the oldest part of Cape Town – for a walk through this historic part of Cape Town.
After our walk we do a short driving tour of the city before dropping you off at your hotel.
Tour Duration: Monday to Saturday 08h00 to 13h00 (note the tour does not operate on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday as the city shuts down from lunchtime Saturday). Note pick up time for 15 December to 15 January will be 07h30.
Note for the Traditional Half Day City Tour:
- Does not operate on a Sunday (the city is closed on a Sunday!)
- Operates only as a private tour.
- Ascending the Cable Car is weather dependent – as such should it be closed we will spend the time exploring the city and we will give you your table mountain tickets to use on another occasion.
- Note we are happy to drop you anywhere centrally after the tour or back at your hotel!
Costs: Please email us as the cost depends how many people you are and where you are staying.
Supersize your tour to a full day:
- Ideas for the afternoon would be to head to Kirstenbosch to explore or to do a half day Constantia wine tour.