Cape Fusion Tours offers cooking classes in Cape Town that focus on the local traditional cuisine in Cape Town. For those wishing to find other options of Cape Town Cooking Classes we have provided a list of some the options available in Cape Town.
Note we do not run these classes – please contact the vendors directly.
COOKING CLASSES AVAILABLE IN CAPE TOWN:
- Cape Fusion Tours offers Cooking Tours that give you insight into the local culture of the people of the Cape.
- Chef’s Studio -by Chef Matt Manning – location – upstairs from Grub & Vine. Note Matt Manning is a well known Chef who has been offering interactive cooking lessons for years in Cape Town. Finally he has his own hands on cooking kitchen to give classes. To quote Matt: “The Chef’s Studio is a unique concept space located in the heart of Cape Town. We host interactive and experiential events for people who are as excited about what goes into creating a beautiful dish, as they are about eating it. The Chef’s Studio sees guests exploring their cooking abilities under the guidance of a professional chef, before sitting down to indulge in a feast for the senses; a multiple course meal which showcases the best that fine dining has to offer. Featuring custom-built workstations equipped with the latest cooking technology from Siemens, a communal table for social dining, as well as an elegant private dining room, guests can indulge in a one-of-a-kind experience while soaking in the ambience of the Mother City. The venue has just been completed and is looking wonderful! I will get a photo when I am next there! Location 103 Bree Street Cape Town. You can book on facebook or from their website
- Ginger & Lime – a wonderful cooking venue in the gorgeous home of Denise Levy in Vresnaye.- check out their website for scheduled dates for cooking classes. Check out their cooking classes schedule
- Food Jams – this one can be booked for a small group. This is a fun cooking evening with one of he winners of Master Chef South Africa. It is all about fun with lots and lots of wine. Their website seems to be done – so I am linking them to their Facebook page
- For a lovely article on current cooking classes in Cape Town – Check out Whats On in Cape Town. This website is also the most fabulous resource for information on what will be happening during the time you are visiting in Cape Town – from theatre to live music and festivals – Whats on in Cape Town
- Sense of Taste Cooking School – Cape Town and Istanbul! Chef Peter Ayub offers a variety of classes in his Cape Town Studio. However – from the website here it seems that they are now going more for group bookings. So if you have a group of friends and want to book for a specific theme or team building. This one is for you.
- Stir Crazy Cooking School runs regularly scheduled hands-on and demonstration classes from their kitchen in Hout Bay (Cape Town). These classes are aimed at the recreational at home chef! Classes are limited to between 8 and 10 participants. Check out their website for class details or e-mail them on email@example.com
- Raw food classes and Chocolate classes: To learn more about raw food diets, superfoods and how chocolate is actually good for you, visit the Superfoods website to check out dates for their courses and seminars.
- The Raw & Roxy Restaurant in the centre of Cape Town does monthly cooking evenings. Contact Beatrice to find out the dates. The Raw & Roxy is a raw food vegan restaurant. Beatrice is very inspiring on the health benefits of a raw food diet.
- Bread-making course hosted by Bread & Wine restaurant on Moreson Wine Estate in Franschhoek. These also occur on scheduled dates. They can however be scheduled during off peak times as a private class if you are willing to pay for a minimum of 4 people.