TASTE THE PENINSULA PRIVATE FOOD TOUR
Could this be the most beautiful food tour in the world?
Today we meander along the coast of the Cape Peninsula between the mountains and the sea.
Our aim today is to get a real Taste of the Cape Peninsula. We explore this beautiful region from all sides.
Our guides share the story of our country, this region and our people as we explore. We stop to meet the passionate artisans of this part of the Cape and enjoy lively discussions with them as we taste their offerings.
Some of the highlights of the day include:
- Hout Bay to visit a small coffee roastery that offers great coffee and pastries made by local people in their community.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive – one of the most scenic drives in the world (subject to it being open)
- During our ramble we stop to explore a small craft gin distillery and taste their gin. We stop for beer and bratwursts or beer & gourmet hotdogs at a craft brewery.
- A highlight of the day is always the visit to a wonderful urban farm initiative to hear the story of the farm and then relax in their “hoenderhok” for a taste of their farm offerings which are made in a wood burning oven.
- Our tour ends with either a visit to see the penguins at the end of the day or for a cocktail with a view!
We want you to leave our tour with a real taste of the Cape. Join us to experience our people, our passion and the beauty of this part of the world.
Monday to Friday 08h00 to 17h00. On a Saturday we depart at 08h30
Note that the stops will be changed if there are dietary preferences or other factors advised.
- This tour operates as a private tour
- Please send us your dietary information and preferences. We are happy to have vegetarians on this tour – however there are limited options for vegans. Gluten Intolerant is also a hard dietary to accommodate!
- Tell us if you drink beer and gin? If we are doing a private tour we can change out some of the tasting options and tailor make our tour towards your interests.
- Bring sunblock and a hat!
- Collections are from central Cape Town.
Note that the route will change due to some vendors not being free. Also if we have dietaries or non-drinkers we may mix in other options. We retain the right to mix and match artisan vendors on this tour.
Some of the stops on our ramble:
Note that the route will change due to some vendors not being free. Also if we have dietaries or non-drinkers we may mix in other options. We retain the right to mix and match on our peninsula meander. No two tours will be the same! There are lots of wonderful offerings on the peninsula – which means we can add a mix of wonderful experiences into our day. Note that we will always include one beer and one gin tasting – we just may swop out the artisans dependent on who is free on the day!